Lionsgate has partnered with Profiles in History, one of the world’s leading auction houses for Hollywood memorabilia, to hold The World of The Hunger Games Auction on May 20, 2016.
For one day only, nearly 500 authentic costumes, props, and set pieces will be available for purchase from each of the franchise’s four films: The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1, and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2.
“Everyone will have a chance to acquire items from their favorite characters and moments of The Hunger Games series,” said Joe Maddalena, President, Profiles in History. “We’re extremely proud to offer a collection of this caliber for such a beloved studio franchise.”
“The Hunger Games films have captured hearts and minds around the world,” said Kerry Phelan, Executive Vice President, Global Franchise Management & Strategic Partnerships, Lionsgate. “We are excited to bring fans the unique opportunity to own a piece of this global phenomenon.”
The auction will feature genuine costumes worn by the series’ leading cast members, unique props, and recognizable set pieces used throughout the film production process.
Of course, the auction is
more than a little expensive, with items like Haymitch Abernathy‘s empty alcohol bottles or President Snow‘s tissues costing about $300-$500.
Yep. Take a moment.
Along with the minor objects, there are also grand ones from the Tribute Parade Chariot ($2000-$3000) to the Peacekeepers Military Vehicle ($10,000-$15,000).
Katniss Everdeen‘s first Chariot Parade clothes, the black ensemble, is priced between $30,000 and $50,000.
More highlights include:
- Katniss Everdeen’s wooden District 12 hunting longbow from The Hunger Games
- Katniss Everdeen’s iconic Mockingjay armor from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1
- Peeta Mellark’s tribute combat wetsuit from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Gale Hawthorne’s District 13 combat ensemble from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1
- Katniss Everdeen’s hunting ensemble with signature leather jacket and stunt hunting longbow from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2
- Katniss Everdeen’s and Peeta Mellark’s iconic Tribute Parade costumes from The Hunger Games
- Katniss Everdeen’s signature silver bow and quiver used at the Training Center and arena sequences during the Quarter Quell in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- District 12 reaping bowl filled with name slips from The Hunger Games
- District 12 “Victors’ Village” archway sign from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Tribute Parade chariots used in both The Hunger Games and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Prop “holo” device with flip-top screen from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2
- Signature costumes from Effie Trinket, President Snow, Caesar Flickerman, Finnick Odair, Johanna Mason, and President Coin
- Peacekeeper uniforms and props
- Numerous items featuring the signature Panem emblem, including flags, banners, china, pins, and the large gold eagle statue from President Snow’s office
Qualified bidders can participate in the live auction beginning at 11am PDT in the following ways:
- IN PERSON: At the Profiles In History headquarters located at 26662 Agoura Rd., Calabasas, CA 91302
- BY TELEPHONE: By calling 310-859-7701
- ONLINE: Either with absentee bidding or in real-time from anywhere across the globe through the Invaluable Live Auctions platform
For more information, including the full catalog, head over here.