Seventeen magazine has a round-up of some set secrets from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Actors Josh Hutcherson, Willow Shields, Lenny Kravitz, Stephanie Leigh Schlund and Alan Ritchson share details about their time on-set, their preparation for the movie and lots more.
Check out excerpts below:
- “We did a lot of martial arts training. There’s a lot of choreography where I’m spinning around and whipping these [knives] and rolling around. It was taxing, but it was a lot of fun!” —Alan Ritchson, Gloss
- “I kept one thing from the set. There’s a leather jacket that Cinna wore in some scenes, and I had to have it. I made sure that it went with me.” —Lenny Kravitz, Cinna
- “It took 20 minutes [to do my face makeup] on days where I had a bad breakout—which happened a lot on set! Covering up my tattoos adds another hour and a half. —Josh Hutcherson, Peeta
- “We had a lot of down time on set, so the Tributes and I would all hang out together and watch movies. Alan Ritchson [who plays Gloss] and I shared a trailer, so people migrated toward us. Our trailer always had someone in it!” —Stephanie Leigh Schuland, Cashmere
- “Jen liked to make fun of me—in a good way! She would always talk to me about everything going on in my life, like school. Same with Josh and Liam. They’re like my siblings, except we don’t fight!” —Willow Shields, Primrose
- “The Cornucopia scene took us weeks and weeks to shoot. It’s kind of funny because what could be just five seconds on-screen in the movie probably took us a week and a half to film. For me, it’s a month of memories, but some of the segments are going to go by so fast!” —Alan Ritchson, Gloss
Read the rest here.